Tuesday, August 23, 2011

UPDATE #2 on: "I make duuurt"

So as my faithful blog followers (all 3 of you:-)) will remember, Josiah helped me plant three seeds in little pots in April and we transplanted those to a bigger pot in May.  Even though they had grown exponentially from the tiny seeds they started out as I wasn't sure how they'd fare when we transplanted them (yet again) to our big garden but wouldn't you know it?  I was surprised again!!  Here are some pictures of the results...not bad for the daughter of a proclaimed "black thumb gardener" eh??

Our "tiny" tomato plant...there is a tomato cage in there
somewhere but it was overtaken long ago!

Josiah's sunflower:-)

The whole garden...the pepper plant is in there
somewhere, you'll have to trust me on that one:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth, you also come from a "black-thumbed" Grandma!!! Miracles happen every day!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a good tomato all summer. There's nothing like a home-grown one. MR (Jan's mom)

Jan said...

That's awesome, I'm so impressed! And I love, love, love sunflowers!