Wednesday, December 10, 2008
The Great Room Shift
Not too much new to report on the baby front....just cooking away:-) I'm still feeling pretty good overall, a few migraines here and there but nothing else really so I'm counting my lucky stars! Christmas is FAST approaching this year and our tree isn't up yet. I have to say that normally, I would not defend this because I like to have the decorations up right after (if not a little before) Thanksgiving but this year is a little different. With Baby F on the way and Seth now working from home, the great "room shift" is happening at our house. We have moved my clothes out of the bigger spare bedroom and into the master bedroom (a mere 15 months after I moved in but who's counting), then moved the futon upstairs to that spare bedroom and Seth's desk and office stuff into there as well so we now have a functional office/guest room! The next step is for me to go through and reorganize the 15 boxes/containers currently residing in the living room and get them downstairs to storage. After that, the tree can go up!! And then, it's on to painting the now vacant smaller spare room and getting the nursery set up!! It's so fun to see it all coming together after SO many months of planning! Yes, for those of you who know me or my husband well, you know that we plan everything for a LONG time before actually moving forward. It's the "measure twice, cut once" life theory we operate under most of the time:-) Once it's all finished, I will post pictures but at this point it's just a scary mangle of boxes and junk and I really don't want anyone to see it:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm an "eye ball it and then cut" girl myself which gets me into lots of trouble, but I'm married to a "measure twice" guy so I know what you're going through!
Post a Comment